Baked Truffle Eggs
- 8 free range eggs
- 12 tbsp cream
- 4 tbsp English spinach blanched, drained and squeezed dry
- 4 tbsp parmesan or pecorino
- 20g fresh black truffles
- 8 slices good bread, toasted
- 100g butter
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease 4 ramekin moulds well with butter or truffle butter.
- Add one tablespoon cream to each ramekin then carefully break two whole eggs into each ramekin.
- Add one tablespoon approx. spinach to each and top with 2 more tbspns cream.
- Prepare a water bath with boiling water and place the ramikins into the water bath so that the level is at least half way up the moulds.
- Place the water bath into a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes sprinkle each ramekin with pecorino or parmesan.
- While the eggs are cooking toast bread, butter and cut into thick soldiers. Remove the eggs from the oven and serve.