Green Chicken Curry with Cashews and Green Beans
Ready in 30 minutes | Serves 4
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 800g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and cut into large pieces
- 1 tbsp good quality green curry paste eg Charmaine Solomon
- 800mL coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 200g round green beans, trimmed
- 200g vermicelli noodles
- 2 tbsp toasted cashews
- 8 leaves Thai (or regular) basil
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the chicken and curry paste and cook for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is nearly cooked through.
Add the coconut milk and lime leaves and bring to the boil.
Turn the heat down and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add the beans and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add fish sauce just before removing from heat.
Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the noodles and cook as directed. Drain and rinse under cold water
Divide the noodles among four serving bowls, top with chicken curry and sprinkle over the cashews and basil.
Note: You can add palm sugar or raw sugar to taste if you prefer a slightly sweeter flavour.
Recipe courtesy of Wiffens.