Warm Sweet Potato, Farro and Herb Salad
Ready in 10 minutes plus cooking | Serves 4
- 1/2 a large or 1 small sweet potato peeled finely diced (approx 4cm cubes)
- 1 tspn cumin
- 1 cup farro (we suggest Mount Zero Australian biodynamic farro @ Wiffens)
- 500ml chicken stock and 500ml water (or use water only)
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 good handful each flat parsley, coriander and mint finely chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- Olive oil
- Handful good quality feta broken or chopped into pieces (we suggest Divine Dairy Feta @ Wiffens)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 180C. Mix 2 tbspns olive oil, sweet potato and cumin in a roasting pan. Roast for approx 25 minutes until tender.
Bring the water and stock to the boil. Add farro and simmer for 20 minutes until tender. Drain.
While farro is cooking. Mix spring onions, lemon juice and 2 tbspns olive oil in a large bowl add pinch of salt and caster sugar (marinating onions in vinegar or lemon juice makes lends a milder onion flavour).
Add farro to bowl. Mix well. Add sweet potato. Then right before serving add herbs and feta.
Recipe courtesy of Wiffens.